Recruitment for Consultancy Services
About Democracy Plus
Democracy Plus (D+) is an independent, not-for-profit organization, founded by a group of activists who strongly believe in democratic values and in a democratic Kosovo. Our organization’s principal goal is to support democratic values and practices in the scope of good governance, rule of law, elections and political parties, social issues, and human rights.
Democracy Plus (D+) is seeking to engage two experienced policy researchers in the field of public administration reform/digitalization in the framework of the EU funded project entitled: “Promoting Right and Just Administrative Procedures for Citizens and Businesses.”
The project aims to promote right and just administrative procedures for citizens and businesses through two objectives:
(1) Addressing the right to seek compensation in cases of damage caused by public bodies to private individuals as recognized by the Law on Obligational Relationships.
(2) Addressing citizens and business challenges with administrative burden when obtaining public services while providing direct assistance to a group of institutions for simplifying some services and digitalizing the respective services.
(1) Prepare a thorough and comprehensive review of legislation relevant to seeking compensation in cases of wrongdoing. This policy analysis shall include the following:
– Brief methodology on conducting the policy analysis.
– Review of national legislation on the right to seek compensation.
– Comparing practices of one neighbouring country and one EU country and aim to generate best practices that can contribute to the system.
– Include recommendations on how to improve the system.
(2) Preparation of an analysis for simplification of administrative procedures and digitalization. The assessment will support the Government to prepare legislation to shorten the procedures of service delivery to citizens, digitize parts of the process, and understand if the costs incurred to citizens are in line with the principle of gratuity of the administrative procedure set forth by the Law on General Administrative Procedures (LGAP). This policy analysis shall include the following:
– Brief methodology on conducting the analysis.
– Three institutions (one ministry, one municipality, and one independent body) should be included in the analysis.
– Identification of services provided by the respective institution, what are the procedures, costs, methods of payment, frequency, etc. All elements to be assessed will need to form a standard set of information to be developed as a template and e-services identified should be delivered by the respective institution and should not be part of e-Kosova portal.
– Recommendations on how to shorten/simplify procedures, digitalize certain parts of the procedure or digitalize the whole procedure if feasible.
Duration and timeline:
For the first task one policy researcher will be engaged up to 20 days and this task should be delivered until 10th of April, 2023.
For the second task one policy researcher will be engaged up to 36 days and this task should be delivered until 28th of April, 2023.
- At least 5 years of experience in public administration reform/digitalization field as a consultant/expert.
- Proven track record of policy analysis/report writing.
- In-depth knowledge about public administration reform/ e-governance in Kosovo.
- Prior experience with donor-funded projects, preferably with the European Commission.
- CV and previous similar experiences (70%).
- Financial Offer (30%).
Payment will be made in accordance with the policy researcher, once the contract is signed.
Please send the following documents:
- Financial Offer (lumpsum including daily fee, travel cost if necessary and other expenses as foreseen in the methodology).
- Three contact references from previous experiences.
at [email protected] with the subject line: Application for Policy Researcher, Name and Surname, by March 16, 2023 until 17:00. The selected candidates will be informed via email.
Democracy Plus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and takes affirmative action to support the employment of women and non-majority community members.
D+ will treat all applications with strict confidentiality.
This job vacancy is realized with the financial support of the European Union. The content of this vacancy is the sole responsibility of Democracy Plus (D+) and do not represent the views of the European Union. Project “Promoting Right and Just Administrative Procedures for Citizens and Businesses” is funded by the EU and implemented by Democracy Plus (D+).