Recruitment for Court Monitor
D+ is an independent, not-for- profit organization, founded by a group of activists who strongly believe in democratic values and in a democratic Kosovo. Our organization’s principal goal is to support democratic values and practices in the scope of good governance, rule of law, elections and political parties, social issues, and human rights.
Democracy Plus (D+) is seeking a candidate for the position of Court Monitor for the EU funded project entitled: “Promoting Right and Just Administrative Procedures for Citizens and Businesses.”
The project aims to promote right and just administrative procedures for citizens and businesses through two objectives:
(1) Addressing the right to seek compensation in cases of damage caused by public bodies to private individuals as recognized by the Law on Obligational Relationships.
(2) Addressing citizens and business challenges with administrative burden when obtaining public services while providing direct assistance to a group of institutions for simplifying some services and digitalizing the respective services.
- Team worker
- Respect for diversity
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring a number of administrative wrongdoing cases in court and preparation of reaction briefs following the monitoring process of cases.
- Organize various advocacy meetings with key stakeholders Kosovo Judicial Council, Courts, Government Officials and business community.
- Assist in organizing a number of roundtables and policy discussions with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of all activities foreseen in the project.
- Provide relevant inputs to various documents like policy analysis/briefs developed throughout the project.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Public Policy, Law, Public Administration, Political Science or relevant fields.
- At least three years of experience in working with other civil society organizations, courts, or government bodies.
- Previous experience in collaborating with government institutions, parliament, and/or courts.
- Previous experience in monitoring court cases (preferred).
- Proficiency in written and spoken Albanian and English. Serbian is preferred.
This position reports directly to the Project manager.
Please send the following documents:
- Cover letter (Max one page).
- Three contact references from previous experiences.
at [email protected] with the subject line: Application for the position of Court Monitor, Name and Surname, by March 16, 2023 until 17:00. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Democracy Plus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and takes affirmative action to support the employment of women and non-majority community members.
D+ will treat all applications with strict confidentiality.
This job vacancy is realized with the financial support of the European Union. The content of this vacancy is the sole responsibility of Democracy Plus (D+) and do not represent the views of the European Union. Project “Promoting Right and Just Administrative Procedures for Citizens and Businesses.” is funded by the EU and implemented by Democracy Plus (D+).