Recruitment for Communications Officer
Democracy Plus is seeking a candidate for the position of Communications Officer for the USAID-funded Recycling Matters Activity – Gračanica/Graçanicë.
This Activity aims to provide sustainable livelihoods and increase the socio-economic cohesion among the Roma, Ashkali, and Egyptian informal waste collectors in Kosovo, through the facilitation of sustainable recycling models led by the private sector in cooperation with local communities and the municipality of Gračanica/Graçanicë.
The incumbent will work at D+’s office in Prishtina, while the Activity will be implemented in the municipality of Gračanica/Graçanicë.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of the Activity’s communications strategy;
- Develop content to support the project efforts through social media and other platforms in a way that is engaging for different stakeholders and that helps further the Activity’s objectives;
- Work with the project team to identify and amplify project success stories and design creative content to promote them, strictly adhering to USAID’s branding and marking requirements;
- Establish and maintain a strong collaborative work relations with all Activity’s stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Regularly liaise with the sub-awardees to support their communications efforts, and contribute to the overall Activity’s outreach strategy;
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all Activity’s communication content and reach.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in communications, social sciences or related degree; Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree;
- Minimum three consecutive years of relevant work experience;
- Prior experience with donor-funded projects, strong preference will be given to candidates with prior experience with USAID funded projects/programs;
- Proven experience in the use of new technology and innovation such as social media for social causes and familiarity with the newest concepts and their integration in donor-funded activities;
- Ability to work professionally and constructively, individually and as a team member in multicultural and multi-ethnic teams;
- Ability to multitask in a challenging work environment and meet deadlines with the highest quality of work;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and high cultural sensitivity;
- Required fluency in English and Albanian, working knowledge of Serbian is a strong asset.
The position reports directly to the Chief of Party or their designee.
Instructions for applying
Please email your resume/CV, cover letter, and contacts of three references, with the subject line: “Communications Officer”– Your Name, Last Name at [email protected] by 26 September 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview(s).
Democracy Plus is an equal-opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity and takes affirmative action to support the employment of women and non-majority community members.